The Accuphase C-2120, while inheriting the outstanding design approach and technology of models such as the C-3800, also represents a full model change from its predecessor C-2110, with further enhanced overall circuitry. It provides the flexibility to handle any kind of source while maximizing its inherent sound quality potential.
Accuphase’s ground-breaking AAVA (Accuphase Analog Vari-gain Amplifier) volume control has been continually further refined and improved. AAVA operates fully in the analog domain, but it eliminates all potentiometers from the signal path.
The C-2120 features separate power supplies for left and right channel, each with a dedicated power transformer, filtering capacitors and peripheral circuitry. The various unit amplifiers are also entirely separate for the two channels, arranged on a motherboard in fully monaural construction. This prevents unwanted crosstalk and interaction both on the electrical and the physical plane.
- AAVA volume control for high performance and outstanding sound
- Separate power transformers for left and right channels
- Selectable preamp gain
- Fully modular construction with individual left/right amplifier units on motherboard
- Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
- Independent phase selection for each input position
- Tone controls designed for optimum sound quality
- Option board slots provide additional versatility for digital input handling or analog record playback