The reference-level separate-type combo DP-800/DC-801 and the integrated DP-700 with their exclusive mechanism developed in-house by Accuphase have garnered high praise and acclaim the world over. The new Accuphase DP-600 is positioned as a companion model to the DP-700, benefitting from its sophisticated know-how, but it is also a high-end integrated SA-CD player in its own right. Extensive listening tests were conducted to ensure optimum reproduction quality. As with all Accuphase players so far, a conscious decision was made not to support multi-channel formats but rather focus on obtaining the ultimate in musical fidelity from two-channel SACD music sources.
The high-grade SACD drive mechanism in the DP-600 is the ultimate tool for extracting the information on SACD discs one hundred percent. It not only keeps internal vibrations of rotating parts to a minimum, but is also highly impervious to external vibrations. This ensures that the digital signal remains in a highly pure and accurate state. A dedicated DSP chip controls the digital servo, allowing the digital signal encoded on the SA-CD in DSD (Direct Stream Digital) format to be processed with utmost accuracy. The high-speed access mechanism with its singlelens/ twin laser diode combines optimum precision with lightning-swift operation.
- High-grade SACD/CD drive
- Innovative MDSD digital signal processing
- MDS++ type D/A converter using six parallel devices
- “Direct Balanced Filter” with totally separate balanced and unbalanced signal paths
- HS-Link digital interface
- Transport outputs and digital inputs allow insertion of DG-48 into signal path for sound field correction
- Balanced and unbalanced analog outputs