The SACD drive in the Accuphase DP-900 was developed in-house to assure the best possible performance. Its ultra-massive design combines superior rigidity with outstanding accuracy. Compared to a CD drive, an SACD drive has a higher revolution rate, and pickup positioning accuracy as well as suppression of vibrations must be of a higher order, to allow full access to the enormous amount of information stored on the disc.
In the transport, a digital servo with a dedicated DSP assures accurate readout of the signal recorded on the SACD using the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) principle. This is sustained by a single-lens/twin laser diode pickup mounted to a high-speed access mechanism. The mechanism not only realizes optimal reproduction of SACDs, it also is capable of extracting a super-accurate signal from conventional CDs. The output for both SACD and CD is provided via the Accuphase exclusive high-performance digital interface HS-LINK (RJ-45 connector). The CD output is also available via a dedicated coaxial connector.
- Dedicated digital output only SACD/CD transport with ultra-high-speed FPGA for digital processing and highly accurate signal pickup
- Ultra massive chassis construction and newly developed high-rigidity, high-precision SACD/CD drive
- Sophisticated signal processing technology assures excellent signal quality also from conventional CD media
- Single-lens/twin pickup high-speed access mechanism employs two laser diodes, one for SACD (650 nm) and one for CD (780 nm)
- Accuphase’s proprietary high-quality digital audio interface HS-LINK
- RJ-45 output (HS-LINK) for SACD and CD, and dedicated coaxial output for CD. HSLINK connection to DC-901 can carry both SA-CD and CD signals
- Power supply with two high-efficiency toroidal transformers and custom-made high quality filtering capacitors (3000uF × 10) allows separate powering of signal processing circuitry and drive section
- Display can show text data with disc title, artist information, etc.
- “High Carbon” cast iron insulator feet with superior damping characteristics ensure quiet operation of both DP-900 and DC-901, and further enhance sound quality
- Both DP-900 and DC-901 feature massive cabinets with wood finish