Based on the P-4100, the stereo power amplifier Accuphase P-4200 represents a full model change with further enhanced overall circuitry. Latest instrumentation amplifier topology is implemented in the entire configuration of the P-4200, allowing not only fully balanced signal paths from the inputs onwards, but also the realization of a gain control that effectively minimizes residual noise.
The P-4200 features the MCS+ topology in combination with current feedback, ensuring outstanding S/N ratio and superior electrical performance characteristics. The output stage for each channel uses three pairs of high-power transistors with a Pc rating of 220 watts, arranged in a parallel push-pull configuration. This ensures low output impedance.
The output circuitry also benefits from the latest technology advances. Output relays have been replaced by MOS-FET switches that combine excellent reliability with highly pure amplification. Redesigned output coils and other features result in lower energy losses and allow a drastic improvement of the damping factor to 500. This rating not only points towards an extremely wide power bandwidth, it also means that the degree of coupling between loudspeakers and amplifier has been tightened even further, resulting in music playback of impressive fidelity.
- Output stage with 3-parallel push-pull configuration for each channel delivers high power down to very low impedance loads
- Instrumentation amplifier principle used in input stage
- MCS+ circuit and current feedback topology in amplification stage
- Bridged connection mode allows upgrading to monophonic amplifier
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
- 4-stage gain control